Monday, February 23, 2015

Classroom Tour

Here's a look inside my classroom... enjoy!

I'll start with my welcome wall. On this wall I have my check in board (pics coming soon!) and all of the important information for my kids...

Our Daily Schedule. Grabbed these great schedule cards on Teachers Pay Teachers! Obviously they were freebies because that's how I roll.


Next we have our date, day of the week, and our Arrival Routine which is an absolute lifesaver in my classroom. We stick to this routine every, single, day. They know it, I know it, it's a wonderful thing. *I have also created a new Arrival Routine and hope to include it as a freebie for you! Coming soon*


Moving along my welcome wall I have our Specials Schedule - which shows everyone what creative arts class we have for that day. As a former substitute teacher this is something that was essential in designing my classroom! I like taking all of the guess-work out of being a guest teacher. I also have our Homework and Reminder poster. This is where I write the - you guessed it! Homework and reminders for that day! Kids copy it down on their new and improved * Homework Assignment Sheets * Also a freebie coming your way soon!


I also have Fundations materials posted on this wall but that's a topic for another day. Moving along we see my Guided Reading Shelves. This is where I keep all of materials for Reading Groups. I like to have every little thing right at my fingertips but still keep it tidy and organized. #thestruggleisreal


This is the view facing my shelves. It sits right in front of my Focus Wall. I have a daily Morning work question and Today's Menu where I write down a general outline of our day. I also post if I have a meeting, there's a special activity, or if it's something completely different! Kids check this Menu every day and report back if they have a question. More to come on that later.


For a more in depth look at my classroom, guided reading group materials, and desk check back later!

No comments :

Post a Comment