Monday, February 23, 2015

More Of My Classroom


The tour continues... don't mind the chairs being stacked, end of the day was the only time I could get these pictures. No little people running around distracting me, amiright?

Above is a view of my Social Studies focus wall and our Computer Center which is part of our daily five. I also have my SMARTS board here which is a great teaching method for executive function - a post for another time.









Here is my carpet area board. It's a hand-me-down but it does the trick!

Below you will see my Word Study Center another part of my centers rotation. This is probably my favorite center in our classroom. I try to change themes and materials each month. The kids absolutely love this center!


This is our Library Center which has received a serious facelift this year! It's becoming a popular spot with the kids.



Whole group carpet area to the left.


This is the board behind my desk. It has our monthly calendar, student jobs, and our ticket bins. I use tickets in my classroom along with Whole Brain Teaching as my classroom management style.


The wall above is our Inspirational Word Wall. I do a lot of work with synonyms to help my kids create powerful sentences. This wall is referenced all of the time when they are writing! It also has our oral vocabulary words pictured below: Weekly Words.



This is the area directly behind my desk. I keep important things posted here...

And then there's my teacher shelves... organized - yes! Perfect - absolutely not. But for now, it works just fine. I will post more details about my area when I post about my lovely teacher desk.



More on my classroom tour later, thanks for stopping by!

No comments :

Post a Comment