Monday, March 9, 2015

Spring is Coming

It finally feels like we've turned the corner and Spring is coming... thank goodness! I love winter but I'm really excited for warmer weather, florals, running outside (half marathon in May anyone?), and getting some sun! But let's focus on one thing at a time.

Like, say, getting back into a routine? I don't know about you - but we have been so disconnected when it comes to school, home, friends, etc. Snow days and sniffles combined make for one serious hiccup in our usual routine. I am a routine following lady, especially at school, so I am seriously craving some sort of rhythm.

You can imagine how excited I was when a student walked in carrying these this morning...

Gorgeous! His mom is a florist and when she does weddings she often sends in the extra blooms... how lucky is that?

So onto the routine... here are some things I prepped and got ready to go for March.
 
 
One of my favorite things I started doing this year was a class newsletter in addition to the grade-wide newsletter. I love being proactive with communication and this system really works for me. I use these lovely templates from Simply Delightful in Second Grade. They are free, editable, and adorable! Totally in love. I cannot say enough good things about being extra communicative and open with families. Communication is the backbone of successful everything.
 
I also changed up our centers...


Sight word games are much more fun with themed erasers and a pot o' gold, don't you think?


 
Found this great book on TpT last year, I love the readability!



 
I also have about 10 different writing activities and a few phonics activities for this month, all found on TpT and all fabulous! I also changed out all of the books for library center in order to keep those learners engaged.
 
How do you change things up for each month?

1 comment :

  1. OMG those flowers!! I was going to say I need them for my wedding! lol! Thanks for stopping by my blog. You are off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete