Monday, March 2, 2015

Hello March!

Had a very successful trip to Party City and Wal-Mart to get things ready for March! Will post pics soon of all the goodies I found, so ready for Spring in the classroom! How do you get things ready for a new month? I love changing things up! Here's my check-list:
  • Create monthly class newsletter (I found these fabulous templates from Simply Delightful in Second Grade - I love her style!)
  • Collaborate and create grade-wide newsletter
  • Change out centers:
    • Library - new favorite books that correspond with a theme, for March we are learning about folktales so it works perfectly with folktales from Ireland! Fiona's Luck anyone? Lots of great Irish folktales on that site too. I also have some St. Patrick's Day and Dr. Seuss books of course.
    • Writing - new writing prompts, all things Irish! Also I have some fabulous writing prompts from TpT... just search St. Patrick's Day writing. I also include vocabulary word cards to help my kids when creating their fabulous stories.
    • Word Study - Pot o' Gold sight word game (I found an actual pot of gold from Party City, cannot wait to use it)
  • Pack up February activities and monthly things - change out calendar, month labels, decorations.
  • Get morning work, independent work, guided reading plans, intervention plans, etc. organized and cleaned out - ready to go for the new month.

Today's surprise snow day will be filled with cooking and prep for the week, running, coffee, and probably some cooking shows.. my motto for snow days: enjoy the extra time!

No comments :

Post a Comment